2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't open Adwords Keyword Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot get google keyword tool to open. It says I have to use fiefox ( why ). So I did it and the same thing happens. are there any other good free ketword tools

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: Can't open Adwords Keyword Tool

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi All,

If you are setting up a new account and want to access the Keyword Planner before adding your Billing information, go to g.co/etoaw while signed into the AdWords account. If you access this URL while in the account set up flow it will re-direct you to the Campaign Tab, and give you the "Tools" tab where you can access the KeyWord Planner.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Robo,

Google has added more features to the erstwhile Keyword Tool (that was available as a standalone) which is now available as Keyword Planner within the AdWords account. In case you're not able to open this tool within your AdWords account, you can clear your cache & cookies and try again.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The tool is aimed towards active advertisers, not as a research tool. (For the latter, you can use "Google trends"). Thus, you must set a billing method to use the tool.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi All,

If you are setting up a new account and want to access the Keyword Planner before adding your Billing information, go to g.co/etoaw while signed into the AdWords account. If you access this URL while in the account set up flow it will re-direct you to the Campaign Tab, and give you the "Tools" tab where you can access the KeyWord Planner.

Kathleen