AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't log in to my analytics account. Never got email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My boss said she set me up with an account in analytics, but I never received an email telling me my initial password or alerting me that I had an account created.  When I went through the process saying I didn't have my password, it asked details like the last time I logged in.  I never logged in, so that was wrong.  When the result came, they couldn't verify my account.  My boss is now in a different job and no help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't log in to my analytics account. Never got email

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carl,

The way that a user is added to an analytics account is by adding an email address and assigning an access level. Do you have a Google account or a business email account that you use regularly for these type of purposes?  

The email you receive once added is generally a notice that says you've been added...not sure that any passwords are provided. Also, this email is sent to the account that is added as a user in analytics.

Otherwise, you can try to find an admin for that analytics account, assuming there is one, and ask them to add you in.

Not sure if this helps at all but maybe it will give you a starting point...

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The admin said she added me as a non-Gmail account. I know the account. I'm not sure what my password would be unless I was told.  I never received a notice that I was added.

I was trying to figure a way in because my admin is not being helpful.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Carl,

So you cannot log into the email account either? (the one you know) Is it a Google apps email?  

Have you tried logging in with the credentials for that email address?  Can you reset those credentials?  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The account is a yahoo email account.  I tried logging in to analytics with that email.  It brought me to the setup, like I was setting up a new account.  According to my admin, I'm already set up.

I used the password that gets me into the yahoo mail to get into analytics.  I could reset the password for the yahoo mail in yahoo, but not sure that would help.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey Carl,

I hate to say it but I would go back to the admin - "Can you please add this account for me, please xyz@gmail.com". Yes, I would use a Google account. You can create one very easily and quickly.

It doesn't sound to me like proper access was granted or something was done incorrectly.  I've also never used non-Google accounts on anything so I can't help there.  

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I've already gone back to her and told her to set me up using a gmail account.  I wasn't sure if there was another way to get in.  The gmail account I gave her already has another analytics account connected to it.  As long as two analytic accounts can be assigned to one login, I'm OK.

Thanks