AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't link my analytics account with Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,  I'm having difficulties linking adwords with analytics. When I follow the instructions and access analytics from the Adwords menu, then press Admin, then data sources there is no Adwords account listed. I've followed all of the guidelines, but no joy!

When I get to the page there's a message that says:

Link your AdWords and Analytics accounts

To link your AdWords account, please access this page via the Google Analytics option under the Tools & Analysis tab in Adwords.

Umm, yeah - that's what I just did!

Can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChasingSummer
September 2015

Re: Can't link my analytics account with Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just tried again and adwords is now sending me to the green page not the orange page so all is good..

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI ChasingSummer,

Can you please verify that the same Adwords google account (email address) has admin access to the Analytics Account that you are attempting the link with?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same thing happens to me today. I can't link my google adwords to analytics. Any idea why?

What I also noticed is that the Google Analytics under Tools and Analysis opens up the whole Google Analytics page template before it uses the template of the Google Adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And to add, Google Analytics is no longer opening inside Google Adwords. It seems it is opening to a new page.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChasingSummer
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just tried again and adwords is now sending me to the green page not the orange page so all is good..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have had the same trouble and created a "how to" to help others having the same issue: http://ppcprofessionals.com/ppc-blog/how-to-link-google-analytics-and-adwords/