AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get actual average monthly searches? All I get is range. have an active campaign running.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why can't I get actual average monthly searches? All I get is a range.I do currently have an active campaign running.

Can't get actual average monthly searches? All I get is range. have an active campaign running.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Jim, can you give us an idea of the daily ad spend, and how long has the campaign been running. 

Google recently had to tighten the functionality of the keyword research tool, because of widespread misuse.  But as your campaign accrues ad spend, the full functionality will be enabled.  I do not know the thresholds, and they may not want to disclose them because of the potential for abuse. 

In my experience, the best way to gain an accurate understanding of search volume is to run a campaign and watch the impression volume, and your search impression share (you will need to add the latter as a column).  

Search volume is difficult to track and report accurately once you get outside of the more commonly used broad keywords and associated search terms; especially for more narrowly geographically targeted campaigns. 

hth...