Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't find the "Gear Icon" when trying to link Google Analytics and AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Can't find the "Gear Icon" on top right corner when trying to link Google Analytics and AdWords.

The same email is used for both Google Analytics and Adwords, but for some reason i'm still getting the message below:

Although this AdWords account is linked to an Analytics account, your AdWords login email address is not listed as a user on that Analytics account. Please contact the administrator of the Analytics account and request that they add you as a user to this Analytics account."

I've done some research on the web, apparently i need to edit settings by clicking on the "Gear Icon" in AdWords after selecting "Google Analytics" under "Tools and Analysis"... but i just can't find the icon anywhere... Smiley Sad

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance~!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hi j1384,   Please note that your email which is included...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi j1384,

Please note that your email which is included under Google Analytics need to have the administrator rights so that you can link your Adwords to Analytics. 

You can refer to this official Google Analytics blog where it is explained very neatly along with screenshots.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Hi Pankaj,   Thank you for your suggestion!  By following...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your suggestion! 

By following the blog I could link to Google Analytics now, however, I'm still stuck at Step 3 as I can't find the "gear icon" on the top right corner ....  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author j1384
September 2015

Hi j1384,   My apologies I forgot to tell you that instea...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi j1384,

My apologies I forgot to tell you that instead of that Gear icon, select Admin and follow the rest of steps. I am sure you will be able to complete the process. Actually Google Analytics interface got a makeover on March 1st and these guys keep on changing that Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

It Worked!!!  :smileylol:   Thank you so much Pankaj!   A...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It Worked!!!  Smiley LOL

Thank you so much Pankaj!

Am I correct to assume that the old data in Adword will not be merged into Analytics? The Advertising --> Adword section will only start recording after i've linked them? So, I won't see any data as yet, but might see some changes from tomorrow onwards?

Hello again j1384,   Glad to hear that you were finally s...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again j1384,

Glad to hear that you were finally successful in linking your Adwords to Analytics Smiley Happy

Yes, the Google Analytics will start showing the Adwords data from the time you linked it with Adwords. So wait for a while until you see the data and then start analysing it for further optimization.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj