AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't create app promotion ad. Adwords can't find my ios app.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My app went live a week ago, however, when ever I try to create a new app promotion ad, I get a "We could not find this app. New apps may take up to 24 hours to appear" message. What am I doing wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't create app promotion ad. Adwords can't find my ios app.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to our community.

Can you try entering the appID manually? Can you find the app in iTunes? If you can, grab its id and enter it manually.

iTunes URLs are in the form of https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/app-name/idxxxxxxxxx, so you can take the xxxxxxxxx part and enter it in the AdWords interface when creating the ad.

Calin

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried using the app name, publisher name and app ID as you suggested, but my app cannot be found. I can find the app in iTunes, and the app URL works fine, AdWords just can't seem to locate it. I'm not sure what service is used for the lookup, but at this point it has been a week but the AdWords alert says that new apps take up to 24 hours to index. I am perplexed.

Thanks,

Mitch

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again, Mitch. Any luck a few days after?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also having the same issue. It fails to look up my app, which went live 2 days before.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem as well. My iOS app went live 1 week before.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.