2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't change campaign end date

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to the support documentation http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404203&from=113245&rd=1 there is supposed to be an Advanced Settings category on the Settings tab for a campaign. I am not seing it and without Advanced Settings I can't change campaign end date.

Am I missing something in my account or campaign set up?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can't change campaign end date

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi ecclestonekatie,

I order to set campaign date, you need to choose all feature campaign type in campaign setting. Please see 

Choose the campaign type that's right for you

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi ecclestonekatie,

I order to set campaign date, you need to choose all feature campaign type in campaign setting. Please see 

Choose the campaign type that's right for you

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

xxxxxx

I tried to change the end date of my campaign and its says it can not be changed. What can i do?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

I'm sure you are not missing this feature in your account.

As Neha stated, you need to be on the campaign level settings to be able set an end date.

Here is what you need to do:
1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com .
2. On the All Online Campaigns page, click the name of the campaign you want you edit.
Select the Settings tab.
3. Under Advanced settings, click Schedule: Start date, end date, ad scheduling.

(You can see a screenshot of the page in the Help center).

Can you find it?

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did not see a way to insert screenshots so here is a word copy of what ha[[pens. When I change the date to anything else or none it says it can not be changed in Adwords   Ad extensions
Use this option to show relevant business information with your text ads. You can create and manage your extensions from the Ad extensions tab. Take a tour.

Advanced settings

Start date

End date

None
This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.
Your ads will stop showing after this date, unless you change it later.
Save

Ad scheduling  

Automatic bidding campaigns may not use ad scheduling

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi David,

I'd suggest to call the AdWords support and they will check your account for you if there's any other issue:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

Thank you,
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. Under campaign settings there just isn't an advanced settings where the time and day can be altered. It's just not there. I've read every article on how to do it. It's plain missing! Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just ran into the same exact problem....totally unable to pause or end a campaign and its associated ads.  I selected the campaign and tried to pause it...told me:  "This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords."  I then selected the individual ads and received the same message.  I started searching this forum and decided to go back and see if I could pause it again...and low and behold, all of my ads and keywords now indicate:  "Campaign Paused".    Very annoying.  Google should examine Facebook's ad system and improve their system based on how well Facebook's system works.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes of course you need to change campaign type then you will get campaign date change option on same screen.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.