AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't access keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

addwords wants me to launch my first campaign and pay them, I just want to use the keyword planner

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't access keyword planner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yep; correct;

The tool is a research tool for advertisers not  a research tool for the general public. I don't remember if you need to have an active campaign, but you definitely need to have a billing method in place.

The general public could use Google trends

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It tells me at the end to launch my campaign but I don't want to do that is there any other solution?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You could launch the campaign and pause it immediately after.

[Edit]: the campaign has to be fully set up for using the tool, It does not  have to be running.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Still I can log in to display planner without billing details,I haven't use this account for any campaign. However I created adword account using this email address sometime back, may be that's why I still can use it?

Capture.JPG

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Nisal L : I also noticed that in one of my old accounts. I think the change was applied only for new accounts that were opened after....(pick a date...)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I checked:
The campaign has to be fully set up for using the tool, It does not have to be running.
(My earlier reply was edited)