3.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't access keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

addwords wants me to launch my first campaign and pay them, I just want to use the keyword planner

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't access keyword planner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yep; correct;

The tool is a research tool for advertisers not  a research tool for the general public. I don't remember if you need to have an active campaign, but you definitely need to have a billing method in place.

The general public could use Google trends

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It tells me at the end to launch my campaign but I don't want to do that is there any other solution?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You could launch the campaign and pause it immediately after.

[Edit]: the campaign has to be fully set up for using the tool, It does not  have to be running.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Still I can log in to display planner without billing details,I haven't use this account for any campaign. However I created adword account using this email address sometime back, may be that's why I still can use it?

Capture.JPG

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Nisal L : I also noticed that in one of my old accounts. I think the change was applied only for new accounts that were opened after....(pick a date...)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I checked:
The campaign has to be fully set up for using the tool, It does not have to be running.
(My earlier reply was edited)