AdWords
1K members online now
1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't accept an invitation from an MCC account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am actually having an issue with accepting an invitation from an MCC account. When I attempt to accept it says "a google account can only have access to on adwords account" and it says my account already has access to another Google adowrds account but when I log into adwords.google.com I don't see myself linked anywhere or to any other accounts so I don't know how I can unlink myself. I really need access to the MCC I was just invited to so any advice here would be faaaaaantastic!

Thank You

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't accept an invitation from an MCC account.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andres,
When you log into adwords.google.com do you see anything? Even if you have a old Account that you don't use, or one that isn't fully set up, you still won't be able to link. If you see any type of AdWords Account, you'll need to disable access to that email address.

One thing to consider - can you use, or set up, a different email address for the MCC? I realize this will be a pain, but this could be the quickest solution.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Each email address can only be linked to one AdWords account, yes. If the email you were trying to use was linked to another AdWords account in the past, even if that account is now "deleted" or inactive, you will not be able to use it to link to another AdWords account or an MCC. 

If you are able to log in to AdWords, that means your current email address is "linked" to the account you're logging into. You cannot "unlink yourself" since you can't "unlink" an account you're logged into. Someone else who is has admin rights to that account has to unlink your email.

You will need to use a different email address to accept this MCC invitation. (There's a place where you can choose what email address to use for access during the linking process.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Its now a year later, and this is still broken.  I recently created a brand new MCC account minutes after creating a new Google/Gmail account.  After successfully logging into MCC, and seeing 0 adwords campaigns/accounts, I still get this generic error when trying to accept an invite.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!