Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Change 1st Campaign Type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

I am setting up my first adwords campaign and need to switch the type of campaign I am doing. I started to set up my account, and started to create a campaign, but now I need to switch from a basic ad to one that has pictures. How do I do this?

It will not let me start over again until I add payment info and finish the original ad. Is there a way to solve this without submitting payment info? There is also no settings, cog wheel, to click on. 

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author April S
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @April S,

Depending on how far along you are, you may need to finish the steps you are on and then pause/delete the initial campaign... then log out, log back in and you will see the red button + Campaigns.

From here, you can create different types of campaigns. You do not change campaigns... you make one type, then make another type. Text ads are different from display ads. And they are different from video ads. You make them as you want and run them or pause them or delete them... but you do not switch them from one to another.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author April S
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @April S,

Depending on how far along you are, you may need to finish the steps you are on and then pause/delete the initial campaign... then log out, log back in and you will see the red button + Campaigns.

From here, you can create different types of campaigns. You do not change campaigns... you make one type, then make another type. Text ads are different from display ads. And they are different from video ads. You make them as you want and run them or pause them or delete them... but you do not switch them from one to another.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You want a display campaign.  You should be able to create one fully without payment information.  I would pause the first campaign and then create a new campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! That's what I ended up doing. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!