AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can one website feature ads from different AdWords accounts on separate pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Imagine a website where users can create accounts and have their own page(s) of content...

Could User0 load ads from User0's AdWords account on their content page AND User1 load ads from User1's AdWords account and so on...?

Basically, my client wants a site built where users can run their own ads on their own content page and keep all of their own ad revenue.

Possible?

Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew L
July 2016

Re: Can one website feature ads from different AdWords accounts on separate pages?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Andrew,

AdWords will only will only allow one text ad to show per root domain. For example, say User1 is bidding on the keyword [buy ipads] and landing traffic on "http://www.sample.com/User1/content" via their own AdWords account. If User2 decides to bid on the keyword [buy ipads] and land traffic on "http://www.sample.com/User2/content" through a different AdWords account then AdWords will only allow ONE user's ad to show since they are directing traffic to the same domain. It will show the ad with the highest ad rank (quality score x bid).

If each user is bidding on a completely unique set of keywords and there is no overlap then theoretically they could run their own ads to their content page without issue. Note that eliminating overlap can be tricky due to less restrictive match types like broad and phrase, as well as keywords automatically matching to plurals, misspellings, etc.

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if I misunderstood the question.

Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Can one website feature ads from different AdWords accounts on separate pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's disappointing, but it makes sense.

Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jim,

What if instead of directories, each user was given their own subdomain?

Could users bid on the same keywords then?

Could they place the kinds of ads which "look" at the the content of the page and place relevant ads?

Thanks again!