AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can my customers click my video ad and have them go to my website, rather than the video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm an indie film company.

My desire is to have my film trailer be the video ad, then when clicked the user will be taken to either the youtube link of the film, (not the trailer) or to our website, which will have the film embedded.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can my customers click my video ad and have them go to my website, rather than the video?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum.

What you need is a Call-to-Action Overlay.  You'll have seen them on YouTube - they come up as a small greyish translucent bar towards the bottom of the frame.  With this you can have click actions directing to your site (or anywhere else, just like a "normal" Adwords Ad).

You set these up within your YouTube account, not the Adwords Account.

Hope this helps.  Care to share your channel with us (or at least with me personally - I'm an Indie film fan).

Edit:  I've just noticed that the instructions on the link above are inaccurate - they don't reflect the new YouTube layout.  What you need to do is log in, go to your channel, then Video Manager. Click on "Edit" next to the video in question then you'll see the link to the "Call-to-Action Overlay" beneath the video window, where it says "Basic Info", "Advanced Settings", then "Call-to-Action Overlay".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Can my customers click my video ad and have them go to my website, rather than the video?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You set these up within your YouTube account, not the Adwords Account.

Nowadays you can actually do that in your "AdWords for Video"-interface