1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can i run adds of multiple domian to single adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this possible to run adds of multiple domian from single adwords account. without using MCC Account

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Can i run adds of multiple domian to single adwords account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jeet,

While technically you can certainly use multiple domains from within a single AdWords account, if you happen to be working with multiple clients in this example, this is a very bad idea and a poor choice for client management.

Also, against Google's policies.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/152979?hl=en

"(7) You may not improperly use AdWords accounts, or AdWords marketing or sales material, including:

Using an AdWords account for more than one advertiser. A different Google AdWords account is required for each client that is being serviced by the third party. You may not mix clients in an account, for example, by setting up different campaigns for clients in one account."

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jeet S,

Yes, there is no restriction to use an AdWords account just for 1 site. There is only a restriction to have 1 domain per Ad Group, but in a Campaign you can advertise multiple domains.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jeet,

While technically you can certainly use multiple domains from within a single AdWords account, if you happen to be working with multiple clients in this example, this is a very bad idea and a poor choice for client management.

Also, against Google's policies.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/152979?hl=en

"(7) You may not improperly use AdWords accounts, or AdWords marketing or sales material, including:

Using an AdWords account for more than one advertiser. A different Google AdWords account is required for each client that is being serviced by the third party. You may not mix clients in an account, for example, by setting up different campaigns for clients in one account."

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Good preventive warning , even if the case of multiple advertisers was not mentioned, just multiple domains.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You're right, Adrian. I know it wasn't mentioned and could indeed to turn out to be unrelated. But in the chance that it is related, I hope my warning is taken into account. I've seen far too many instances where advertisers end up in very unfortunate situations due to improper account management. Multiple clients in one account is a big culprit. It sheds a bad light on all legitimate account managers; folks that do follow the rules and do provide excellent service.

How did this thread end up in the AdWords Express category? I have to start looking at these categories more.

-Tommy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Jeet,

Allow me to summarize. If you own all those domains or if they all belong to the same entity, you can use just one account. If the web sites are owned by the same entity and offer the same or similar products or services, you must use a single account or you risk violating the double-serving policy.

If the domains are not owned by the same entity, you must open a new account for that owner and domain.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What happens in case of affiliate activity when a person wants to run ads for multiple domains which allow them to send traffic to them via AdWords ?