AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can i include UK Domain when doing PPC in google.com ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know about  Domain extension flexibility in PPC?

If i have already a uk domain  or any other extension domains and i want to use in google.com then will my ads show in google.com ? 

Do you thing a UK Domain can rank in google.com ?  or much better in google.co.uk?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pravish T
May 2016

Re: Can i include UK Domain when doing PPC in google.com ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The extension itself does not come into the equation when Google is figuring out which ads to display... a searcher runs their search and it is your keywords, your bid, your quality score and a bunch of other internal AdWords factors that determine your position in the auction and, thereby, the results - not the extension.

There is one point... a searcher who is, for example, in the UK may be more likely to click on an ad which is for a .co.uk result rather than, say, a .com.au result - simply because it makes more sense to them. That could be a factor... and, of course, if there are enough of these then this will impact on your CTR, which could affect your QS, which could affect... and so on - but this is not determined by the internal workings of Adwords.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Peavish,

You can use .co.uk in USA target location. There is no issue Adwords.

Thanks,
Anand
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pravish T
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The extension itself does not come into the equation when Google is figuring out which ads to display... a searcher runs their search and it is your keywords, your bid, your quality score and a bunch of other internal AdWords factors that determine your position in the auction and, thereby, the results - not the extension.

There is one point... a searcher who is, for example, in the UK may be more likely to click on an ad which is for a .co.uk result rather than, say, a .com.au result - simply because it makes more sense to them. That could be a factor... and, of course, if there are enough of these then this will impact on your CTR, which could affect your QS, which could affect... and so on - but this is not determined by the internal workings of Adwords.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Off course you can use other domain in Google.com. as other member mentioned here.

You can include or exclude audience from uk when you target in google.com. People can search your domain if you don't select the option "People in my targeted location" from Location options (Advance) in campaign setting.

get more info from this article - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?ctx=tltp

Thanks