AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can i have 2 or more separate Adwords accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 websites ( one in English and one in Greek... ), one is a subdomain of the other ( i am running wordpress multi-site and am using domain mapping... ) and i have a different domain name ( .gr for Greek and .com for English ) for each one... Can i have 2 separate Adwords accounts - in order to serve each site separately?

Also, i have some other domain names which in the future will be serving some products ( also will be found on my main sites ) but separately... Can i open a new adwords account for them? and if so, can someone please point me in the right direction for how to do that? ( because doesn't google adwords work from your google+ account? How can one open up a "new" account if one only has one goggle+ account? Sorry if these questions are too basic and obvious and thank you ahead of time for your replies...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can i have 2 or more separate Adwords accounts?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Xenia,

You don't need to open the separte account for both the domain (English & Greek). You run both Urls in On AdWords account in 2 Campaigns. Because you will create one campaign for English and second campaign for Greek so there is no issue in one AdWords account. You can Rename your campaign by Domain Name + Language wise this will help you to identify your campaign (which campaign target which domain).

Or

If you want to open 2 Adwords account then you can go ahead there is no problem but I will recommend creating one account that will help you manage your campaign in an easy way.

How to Signup AdWords - https://www.google.co.in/adwords/get-started/
AdWords Help - https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

I hope this will help you.
Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I disagree with @Anand Kumar;

The rule of thumb (though there are exceptions which apply to big companies) is:  one business - one AdWords account;

If you open multiple accounts, you might be violating the "gain unfair advantage" section of the Policy; Though there is a structure which allows  to set multiple accounts, it applies only in unique cases, which do not apply in  your case. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand, i get your point about it being easier to run it all from one account... thank you...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MoscheTLV, thank you for your reply... I actually ended up speaking to Adwords support via phone and they assured me it was absolutely fine to have one account for each separate "market" i was serving... ie, one for English speaking people, one for Greek, etc etc...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Xenia A;

I disagree, with support, which might have misunderstood the scenario...

If this is the same business entity (one business)  runuunig several campaigns  are different languages - it should be done using one account;

Why would you use different accounts for different languages when this can be easily set as a different campaign?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well there was no misunderstanding as far as I know Moshe, I was very clear and we went over it all a number of times to make sure it was all clear... 1 account for each "market" is fine is what they said to me...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well..... The written  Policy is clear. You might want to refer the support Rep to the written Policy
"promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries" - is  a prohibited practice, regardless of the language(s)
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Especially in your case -could you elaborate what is the reason for multiple accounts for the same business? Why the SAME business can't run 2 campaigns targeting different languages using only one  account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had read that page thank you, I see you have added "regardless of the language(s)" yourself in your answer above? ( I can't see it anywhere on the page you linked to? )

I did speak to customer support, I feel satisfied with the answers I got from them and don't want to go into why I would like more than one account here on this thread... but thank you for your ongoing kind interest...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Xenia A;

I'm trying to help here to have your accounts  in compliance with the Policy;

If you are happy with the settings, as long as you are  aware of the Policy, and  penalties / consequences in case of a violation (read at the bottom of the page I linked) - that's fine;

Note:  the original  quote form  is in italics and within quotes (") (as the practice on the Community).  I add that in the Policy there is no mention to languages. In other words; this practice is NOT allowed, no mater if you target one language or several.

You yet to answer my question: why one business would need several accounts to target different languages?