Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can i have 2 analytics account to 1 adwords account to track the leads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

how can i measure the conversion-per-click, if i have a different Google Analytic account than the Google Adwords ?

Please let me asap

Thanks in advance

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Can i have 2 analytics account to 1 adwords account to track the l

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

If you have two Analytics accounts linked to one AdWords account, you shouldn't have any problem tracking your conversions. You could track conversions either through (1) conversion tracking in AdWords or (2) importing goals set up in Analytics.

This resource compares the two options and gives you guidance on how to import Analytics goals into AdWords. If you want to go the other route and set up regular ol' conversion tracking in AdWords, this resource can help with that.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

If you have two Analytics accounts linked to one AdWords account, you shouldn't have any problem tracking your conversions. You could track conversions either through (1) conversion tracking in AdWords or (2) importing goals set up in Analytics.

This resource compares the two options and gives you guidance on how to import Analytics goals into AdWords. If you want to go the other route and set up regular ol' conversion tracking in AdWords, this resource can help with that.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi akshay p,

You seem to be asking 2 questions here.

First, to the best of my knowledge, you can only link one Analytics account to one AdWords account. If that has changed, will someone please correct me?

If you have a different Analytics account, with a different email address, the easy thing for your to do is add the AdWords email address to the Analytics account and make it an admin. Then link the 2 accounts.

If you absolutely can not link your AdWords and Analytics accounts, use manual tagging instead of auto-tagging. You will get much of the same data, but not all of it.

Or, you could just place the AdWords conversion code on your thank you page and your conversions will record no matter where they take place.

Best of Luck1

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Pete,

Not sure when it changed (sometime last year, I think), but you actually can link multiple Analytics accounts to one AdWords account. Your admin email just has to be the same across both products and all accounts.

You'd want a separate Analytics account for each website you're tracking, so if you run ads for multiple websites in one AdWords account, you're going to need to link all those Analytics accounts to AdWords in order to do things like importing goals.

Hope that helps!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks, Coco. I didn't know that. I need to keep up.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Coco and Pete and Akshay p

You can have more than a single adwords account linked to the same analytics account,
You can NOT link more than one analytics account to the same adwords account.

If you want to link an anwords account with an Analytics account:
You must have at least one Google account with has administrative rights in Adwords and dministrative rights in Google Analytics

If you have different campaigns going to different websites from the same adwords account :
You want to link to different web domains via Google Analytics with Adwords
You can do that with different webproperties in Google Analytics, And you have to choose the right profiles in these web properties.

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Elja G,

It actually is possible to link multiple Analytics accounts to the same AdWords account. But for the reason you laid out, you have to ensure that the admin email address is consistent across both products in order to do so.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Coco,

Are you really sure about this?

I direct thought when I read your post, that this is not so.
But I did not respond immediately.
I did research before I gave my answer here,

I did search to find any did not find any information about it.
Not on any official Google Annalytics source. (Analytics blog, Analytics Help, Analytics product forum, Search on Google)

I asked on the product-forums of Google Analytics,
And I was given the answer that it is not possible.
Answer given by Top contributor.

If this is possible, this is breaking news I think.

Where can I find the information?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello, Elja.

It is possible to link ONE Analytics and MANY AdWords accounts, and get cost data into one Analytics account from several AdWords accounts.

Please take a look at this document: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034150?hl=en

There's a section specifically saying:

5. Under AdWords Import & Export Settings, select the AdWords accounts from which you want to import data.

Now, if you go to your Analytics account which is already linked to an AdWords account, you'll see that if you have an Analytics user which is Administrator in several AdWords account, there's a small button saying "New link".

That, to me, is evidence that it should work. I cannot test it, as I'm using an One Shop / One Analytics / One AdWords setup, and it would make no sense to link them and alert all other admins that I've created a new association, but I guess it should really work as documented.

Can you maybe test and see if it works?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hallo Calin,
You are saying the same things I´am telling. But I have a discussion about this with Coco.
I did find this information. I knew this information on forehand. That is why I´am responding here.

Linking more Adwords accounts is not the discussion here

And the thing is where to find information about linking more Analitics accounts. Not about more Adwords accounts linking.