AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can i create same ads in multiple ad group in a campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can i create same ads in multiple ad group in a campaign? Is this okay or i have to create new ads in each ad group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can i create same ads in multiple ad group in a campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pawan,

An ad group represents the structure of your website. Hence my suggestion is to Try one theme per ad. An ideal campaign should have several adgroups with "tightly themed" keywords in each adgroup, and relevant ads for each adgroup - Which reflect the theme of your website.

Thanks,
Kaushik

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Pawan,

Welcome to adwords community!
Off-course you can create multiple adgroup in same campaigns. AdWords account can contain as many as 10,000 campaigns (includes active and paused campaigns) per account, 20,000 ad groups per campaign, and 50 text ads per ad group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response, but it is not my concern i want to know that can i create same ads in multiple ad groups?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Again,

Yes, you can run same ads in different adgroups.

But it is more better if you share the idea to create same ads for different adgroups. Mostly I am not doing it whenever two ads contains same keyword, best performing ad will display.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pawan,

An ad group represents the structure of your website. Hence my suggestion is to Try one theme per ad. An ideal campaign should have several adgroups with "tightly themed" keywords in each adgroup, and relevant ads for each adgroup - Which reflect the theme of your website.

Thanks,
Kaushik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when using ads customizer targeted by campaign or ad group I'm asked to create the same add across every ad group, is there a way so I can achieve this without having to create or copy/paste the add across every ad group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jose I have the same problem

In all examples said that you can customize your ads by ad group by using the “Target Campaign” & “Target Ad Group” columns. But if you want to update to Ads in different campaigns and ad groups you should duplicate the row changing the target campaign and target group. Somebody know another way to do it?

Thanks.

Can i create same ads in multiple ad group in a campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just found a good way to do this. Go to ad groups, select all, then click edit dropdown and export to excel. Then go to ads, select the ad you want to copy across multiple groups, click edit button and export to excel. Then duplicate rows in ad excel sheet and swap out the column of ad groups with your ad groups from first export. Let me know if that works for you.