AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can i advertise two websites, similar keywords, different areas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have to websites targeting the same exact keywords, but two different areas. Can I have one campaign then have two ads in that campaign with two different websites? How does that work? 

Or do I make two different campaigns and put the locations separate from eachother? I tried something like this and it said you already are targeting these keywords with another ad...But the areas are different , i don't understand! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author custom a
September 2015

Re: Can i advertise two websites, similar keywords, different areas?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, you can certainly do that as far as you are advertising these websites within a single AdWords account.

Issue which you are facing could be due to the keyword matching types that being used inside the account.

Create 2 different campaigns targeting different locations and see if your ad is running or not. Run the Ad Preview and diagnosis. That will help you identify what elements have issues and what not.

Keywords being advertised for different regions generally don't compete and the relevant keyword triggers the ad for the user search query.

Read this help center doc for more details:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author custom a
September 2015

Re: Can i advertise two websites, similar keywords, different areas?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, you can certainly do that as far as you are advertising these websites within a single AdWords account.

Issue which you are facing could be due to the keyword matching types that being used inside the account.

Create 2 different campaigns targeting different locations and see if your ad is running or not. Run the Ad Preview and diagnosis. That will help you identify what elements have issues and what not.

Keywords being advertised for different regions generally don't compete and the relevant keyword triggers the ad for the user search query.

Read this help center doc for more details:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj