AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can any one help me on setting up a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Every one,

I m an adwords professioanl created and managed a no of campaigns for indian market but this time i m creating a campaign for uk, usa and canada market for the first time.i have a very low budget £ 35/day but, the problem is every keyword i m choosing is very competitive , it cost me more than £ 5 - £21 . I cant believe this!. how wil i get sales ? how will i manage my daily budget? A single click costs me £5 to £ 21. When i decided to go for long  tail keywords  then they are not getting good traffic.

Please help me what strategy i have to follow?

Thanks

Best

kavita

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kavibisht1724
September 2015

Re: Can any one help me on setting up a campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again Kavita,

As I said earlier, it takes time to reduce the Avg. CPC. 

I will suggest you to first focus on exact and phrase matches only because of your spending issue. It's good that you are taking care of irrelevant terms and adding negatives also.

You will have to work on the keywords with low Quality Score (QS) also because till the time QS is low, you will have to bid higher and your Avg. CPC will be high. You might consider reading this informative article too.

I would also suggest you to look at the CTR and make sure it is excellent because it's the main ingredient to improve on your Quality Score down the line.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kavita and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I am not sure which product or service you are trying to target in US, UK and Canadian market using Adwords but yes the trend could be different and of course the competition would be different in every country.

So, my first advice would be to look for the Search Trends region-wise using Google Insights for Search. It's an excellent tool which will give you insights on what is trending more in one country and another...

Initially, you might have to bid higher to be in the competition. One option I could think of would be to start with phrase and exact match only.

If the budget is very low, you might consider only Exact matches to begin with. As Adwords will also match the close variants of your exact matches, so you have a chance where Ads would be delivered on close variants too.

Write simple, yet enticing ad copies and direct the users to the specific landing page which revolves around your keywords within a specific ad group. This would ensure that you have minimal irrelevant traffic. Read more about how to write good text ads in this reference.

Remember it takes time initially to maintain the momentum but once your campaigns start getting stabilized, you can go for other keyword variations and try to expand your reach. I would encourage you to read this article on how to build successful keywords list.

Lastly, you could also give a thought on starting a Google Display Network Campaign where you might have to bid less as compared to Search Network.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Kavita; welcome;

Pankaj  has already covered the steps you should follow,

I will add another suggestion - to use the keyword tool to get an estimate of the cost for your keywords. You can reduce the costs by  choosing  more specific / long tail keywords, that are cheaper than the "popular" broad match  keywords,

Another option could be to change the match types to narrow the search queries that trigger your ad.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for quick reply well i m targeting keywords like seo services in uk, seo services providers in usa, and canada,even for the long tail keywords the competion is very high i took help from keyword tool and created an adgrouptargeting only uk market  and i used only long tail keywords but the first page bid is min £3- £5 its the first page bid it means to be in the top minimum i need to bid £10. my keywords quality score is between 3-6 (having exact, phrase and broad with modifiers) i m also usnig negative keywords.

As you told me  at starting i have to bid only on exact and phrase so i will do it. But again the problem is how do i reduce the cpc cost.

Thanks

Best

Kavita

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for you valuable suggestion. As you suggested me to use keyword tool to get an idea about the cpc and competion of keywords i had used it but i have allready discussed for the long tail keywords like seo services providers in usa. or uk and canada i need to spent £.55 for the 9, 10th position. it means for the top 3 position it will  may be >= £ 12 . My keywords quality score is between (3-6 ) so tell me some tricks so that i will get top 3 position with low cpc. For good quality score  and CTR i m allready including Keywords , country name , offers and a call to action in my ads.

Thanks

Best

Kavita

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kavibisht1724
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again Kavita,

As I said earlier, it takes time to reduce the Avg. CPC. 

I will suggest you to first focus on exact and phrase matches only because of your spending issue. It's good that you are taking care of irrelevant terms and adding negatives also.

You will have to work on the keywords with low Quality Score (QS) also because till the time QS is low, you will have to bid higher and your Avg. CPC will be high. You might consider reading this informative article too.

I would also suggest you to look at the CTR and make sure it is excellent because it's the main ingredient to improve on your Quality Score down the line.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Lots of good advice already. 

Unfortunately, with a small budget in a competitive market, your client will need to understand that you cannot perform miracles! Smiley Wink

However, I am surprised that by adding some localisation to the term, e.g. 'seo services in hampshire' that you aren't able to reduce CPCs. I would add that sort of keyword combination as a modified broad, e.g. '+seo +services in +hampshire' and set a CPC you feel more comfortable with. Clicks might be lower but targeting improved. 

Good luck with your efforts.