AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can a subdomain redirect to another subdomain?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If we have a final url and display url with m.domain for mobile ads only, but m.domain now redirects to a responsive site www.domain is that OK? Or should we just use ads that target all devices with www.domain?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George R P
January 2016

Re: Can a subdomain redirect to another subdomain?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @George R P,

This redirection is not advisable. I don't see a point doing this either. The case I assume is - you had a dedicated mobile campaign and a mobile website URL as well. But now you have responsive design which obviously means you do not need a separate m.domain address. If that's right, I would advise you to update your Final and Display URLs in your mobile specific campaign to be www.domain. Why a redirect when you do not have separate URLs anymore? 

To your second question, there's no problem in having the same campaign for all available devices. Nothing to worry about the URL as it's going to be the same for them all. That's definitely one of the benefits of having a responsive layout. 

Also, you do not need to have a mobile specific URL to use a mobile specific campaign. The only thing that matters is - your website should give a pleasant/quality experience to users no matter what device they are visiting your website from.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George R P
January 2016

Re: Can a subdomain redirect to another subdomain?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @George R P,

This redirection is not advisable. I don't see a point doing this either. The case I assume is - you had a dedicated mobile campaign and a mobile website URL as well. But now you have responsive design which obviously means you do not need a separate m.domain address. If that's right, I would advise you to update your Final and Display URLs in your mobile specific campaign to be www.domain. Why a redirect when you do not have separate URLs anymore? 

To your second question, there's no problem in having the same campaign for all available devices. Nothing to worry about the URL as it's going to be the same for them all. That's definitely one of the benefits of having a responsive layout. 

Also, you do not need to have a mobile specific URL to use a mobile specific campaign. The only thing that matters is - your website should give a pleasant/quality experience to users no matter what device they are visiting your website from.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.