AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can a publisher prevent CPM bids on their site ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to bid by "viewable CPM" on a set of 5 valuable sites. I have gradually increased the bid from 0.3 $ CPM to 1.5 $ CPM in 3 days ( this is for Romania , where bids are usually cheaper), but I am not getting any impressions.

The targeting method is managed placements without any other restrictions. I have many banner sizes and text ads. There shouldn't be any reason to prevent serving besides bids in my opinion, yet still I am not getting impressions.

The advertised site is not blocked by those sites because CPC bids do generate impressions and clicks .

Now I am wondering , can that publisher simply have blocked CPM bidding for their adsense account , or what is going on ?

The sites have high traffic and their audience is valuable, since they are focused on business news ,stories and tutorials.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Can a publisher prevent CPM bids on their site ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There is limited to a bid, for winning  an impression. (Especially on display)

On the display network, since there are so many sites  (placements) which could be relevant I  do not recommend to win impressions / slots by all means...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Adsense blocks advertisers based on the URL not based on bidding method.
The issue here is when the system converts CPM to CPC, to compare "apple- to apple", or vice versa (depending on the auction), your bid comes to low, OR your QS is low and thus the banner doesn't win a slot.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, thanks.

So you would suggest to keep increasing the bid until I find the triggering value for CPM ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There is limited to a bid, for winning  an impression. (Especially on display)

On the display network, since there are so many sites  (placements) which could be relevant I  do not recommend to win impressions / slots by all means...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, thank you for the advice. It is just that in this case the client wants to appear on those sites, I hope a higher bid will start serving impressions . These placements are named very attractive for businesses such as www.manager.ro  or www.capital.ro