AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can MCC manager change my Access Level lower than Administrative ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think it's very clear, I linked my Adwords to MCC account.

From MCC's side, can the MCC manager change my Access Level to "Read only" for example ?

And if happened, can I change it back to Administrative ? or he must do it himself ?

Thanks for your time

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Advertising-Pro
September 2015

Re: Can MCC manager change my Access Level lower than Administrative ?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Yes, the MCC manager can change your access to read-only. 

No, you will not be able to change it back to "adminitrative" yourself, they or someone else with administrative access would need to do it.

I'm not sure who your MCC manager is, but just tell them not to change your access.  If you fear they will do it anyhow, ask yourself if this is actually someone you want managing your account. (I can't imagine blocking any of my clients that way.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adwords_Pro,

If your only access to an account is now 'read only', you will not be able to change your access level. You will need an admin to assign admin access back to your login credentials.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704346

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

If you have admin access (which you should if you created the account) they should only be able to change the notification settings.

You can terminate their access but they cannot change you access level or remove you from the account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Advertising-Pro
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Yes, the MCC manager can change your access to read-only. 

No, you will not be able to change it back to "adminitrative" yourself, they or someone else with administrative access would need to do it.

I'm not sure who your MCC manager is, but just tell them not to change your access.  If you fear they will do it anyhow, ask yourself if this is actually someone you want managing your account. (I can't imagine blocking any of my clients that way.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa,
I got your point, but I just wanted to make sure that I know what can & cannot be done to the permissions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Theresa,

Can you tell me how can we give read only access to other mcc?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!