AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use dynamic search ads and normal search ads in same group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am about to start a campaign with both generic keywords having location targeting for 3 cities.. Can I have dynamic search ads and the normal search ads in the same campaign .. 

As I will be having some specific ads for the particular city and some generic ads for all cities together. 

Please reply. 

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tarun M
September 2015

Re: Can I use dynamic search ads and normal search ads in same group?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tarun,

Yes, you can certainly use both standard text ads and DSAs in the same campaign. However, if your keywords aren't really performing, DSAs might consume more budget than standard text ads.

If you have city specific ads for different set of keywords, I'd suggest creating one campaign per location (with city specific ads) and one campaign with generic ads. This would ensure relevant ads are served.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tarun M
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tarun,

Yes, you can certainly use both standard text ads and DSAs in the same campaign. However, if your keywords aren't really performing, DSAs might consume more budget than standard text ads.

If you have city specific ads for different set of keywords, I'd suggest creating one campaign per location (with city specific ads) and one campaign with generic ads. This would ensure relevant ads are served.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sumanth for the prompt response.

I will surely start 2 different campaigns , so that can do AB testing and increase funds accordingly with the ROI per campaign..

Thanks !