AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use company names within my adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wish to promote my blog/magazine within adwords.   The blog is food related and  discusses companies and their products.  Can I use keywords containing company names and within my ads - thanks for any guidance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Martin,

Yeah, positive, that's an accepted practice in fact. Be prepared to gain a low Quality Score for such keywords, however, that may not be an issue if the terms pay in terms of CPA. 

A usual advice is to also target long tail competitor-brand keywords. Often they get a better QS and accrue very good stats. Another piece of advice is to enable the column *Click assisted conversions* in the keywords performance table. It will show you the weight of return visitors via your campaign.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well... If the company name is a registered trade name you need an authorization from the trade-name holder.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’