AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use a page that I don't own as a landing page in my AdWords campaign?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My business is an exhibition that makes money from selling tickets. Ticket sales happen on a third-party e-commerce site that I can't include in my tracking to attribute sales to my advertising efforts.

The flow looks like this:

Channel -> My Site -> The Third-Party Seller

Can I use the page on the seller's site as a landing page in my AdWords campaign? The idea is to reduce the number of steps in the funnel to make the buying process easier for users. Best practices aside, I'm wondering if that doesn't violate any AdWords policy.

Thanks for your help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I use a page that I don't own as a landing page in my AdWords campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kevin P,

Yes you can use a page you do not own. If it adheres to AdWords policy on landing page experience, you are good. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Can I use a page that I don't own as a landing page in my AdWords campaign?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I understand that you refer to an affiliate landing page;

My recommendation: do not advertise a page you have no control of the content. If this page was found in violation, you would be required to fix it before being reinstated.  Since you will have no control on the page, you will not be able to fix, and you will no longer be able to advertise with Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’