AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use Google Partner logo?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have registered as a google partner and been Adwords Certified, but my business does not fit the results yet to be referenced as a Google Partner in my area.

But can I still use the Partner logo with the certified logo?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I use Google Partner logo?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Phil,

Short answer is no. The badge is for those who have fit all the requirements set forth by Google. Until you're partner portal reflects that you are an accepted partner, you technically shouldn't be using the badge. Badge Guidelines: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3164957?hl=en

I don't know anything about your business but from it sounds like, you may not have much to do in order to qualify. Read more: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en&ref_topic=3203462

If you have any further questions about obtaining your partner status, please let us know.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You need to fulfill your Partner status requirements.
-Company profile
-Certification
-Spend

Losing Partner status

If your agency isn't able to meet the Partner requirements, it will lose the following benefits:
-Rights to use the Google Partner badge
-Agency listing on Google Partner Search
-New leads generated from Google Partner Search
-Rights to advertise Google Partner status
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Phil,

Short answer is no. The badge is for those who have fit all the requirements set forth by Google. Until you're partner portal reflects that you are an accepted partner, you technically shouldn't be using the badge. Badge Guidelines: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3164957?hl=en

I don't know anything about your business but from it sounds like, you may not have much to do in order to qualify. Read more: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en&ref_topic=3203462

If you have any further questions about obtaining your partner status, please let us know.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks. Yes I have some work to do before getting to this level.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Phil

As for your company, you cant use a partner logo without qualifying as a business partner, However as a individual you can share your individual certification with anyone, I know certainly its not the same thing but as you said if you think you can't achieve partner status right now, this can be an alternative option you can choose

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, I'm about to make some new business cards and I wanted to make sure.
I will only use my certification.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The Google Partner team probably won't appreciate this comment, but I have not seen any benefit from saying i am a Google Partner or displaying the badge on my site. (I am even debating taking it down.)

There are other great perks for being a partner, like the partner connect events where Google does all the heavy lifting for you to run an event, and of course the ability to send coupons to all your clients...

but the benefits of the badge I think is mostly ignored by prospects. If they really care about the badge, they will likely verify it from the actual partner search, which you wont be in, so that will only hurt your credibility with them.

I think that most consumers today are skeptical of any certification badge, and nowadays there are so many Google Partners that it's hardly a competitive advantage.

IF anything, the only message it sends to consumers is that you help Google drum up business instead of actually be great at building, running, and optimizing campaigns.

Just my two cents...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The Google Partner might not be important for customers but the Certification yes.
I have been running Adwords campaign for 2 years and improving my knowledge and giving better results to my clients invests. But one day a guy from the yellowpages (a sales rep shark type) came to one of my customer and told them I was no good wasting their money... My client trust me but was worry about all nonsense remarks he had. I knew I was right but as an individual compared to a 'famous' (but outdated) company, this was tough.
I had to do something, so I worked on the certification and got it.
I went back to my customer and told him about my certification and went point after point on every remark.
After that, they have reduced the 18,000$ yellopages budget to 2,000$ !!! and told me they wanted to increase the Adwords budget.
Result: My Certification is important for customer but now I know some people at the yellowpages really hate me!