2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I undelete a removed campaign?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I undelete a removed AdWords campaign?

I could just create a new campaign with a similar name, but this way I could have two campaigns with similar names (one active and one removed) what is not good.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Can I undelete a removed campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Victor P,

Welcome to Adwords community, if you want to reactive your removed campaign its possible. To Reactive your deleted campaign please read the instruction https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404259?hl=en

Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Victor P,

Welcome to Adwords community, if you want to reactive your removed campaign its possible. To Reactive your deleted campaign please read the instruction https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404259?hl=en

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Victor,

You can undelete or enabled any deleted/removed campaigns any time.

Or you can also rename the new campaign, which has similar name of old removed campaign.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not sure this is 100% true. I have not been able to enable a "removed campaign". You can still view adgroups and keywords from within it but you cannot change it's status back to "enabled". I don't know if this is because the campaign was more that 1 year old.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Darryl,

Yes, you can't re-activate the removed campaign and ad-group in Adwords now. Earlier we had the option to enable the removed campaign and ad-group. This was changed around March last year.

Here is the link for the same: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6172751

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, this creates a lot of confusion in the long-term. Would be great to have an "undo changes" button for cases like that

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.