AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I target one time visitors with different adds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

A small problem here. Can I target visitors who came to my website/page only once with an advert different form an advert targeting multiple time visitors? 

Is something like this possible?

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I target one time visitors with different adds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Omi S to do this you'll need to use Remarketing lists and exactly how you do it will depend upon what you mean by "visitors who came to your website only once".  If you want to show different Ads to people who have not yet been to your website, you can do this by using a Remarketing list based upon all visitors as an exclusion.  If you want to show different Ads to people who have been to your website, but only once, then you'll need a more complex set up.

Note that in any case, depending upon your other targeting, you may end up with a very small audience.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Omi, sure you can. Just create custom remarketing list in Google Analytics segmenting your users by the number of sessions.  

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Omi S to do this you'll need to use Remarketing lists and exactly how you do it will depend upon what you mean by "visitors who came to your website only once".  If you want to show different Ads to people who have not yet been to your website, you can do this by using a Remarketing list based upon all visitors as an exclusion.  If you want to show different Ads to people who have been to your website, but only once, then you'll need a more complex set up.

Note that in any case, depending upon your other targeting, you may end up with a very small audience.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Omi, sure you can. Just create custom remarketing list in Google Analytics segmenting your users by the number of sessions.  

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes this is exactly what I need: Targeting visitors who have been to my website, but only once.

Is this even possible?

Tried everything, but can't figure it out.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Omi, create audience list in your analytics account (number of sessions 1), connect analytics and adwords, create remarketing campaign in adwords adding list which you have created in targeting. Launch campaign. It will start working when you will have at least 120 visitors in your list.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency