AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I set a specific target landing page for dynamic search ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

I'm quite new to adwords and have seen the option to set up a dynamic search ads.

The instruction states that google will dynamically choose between multiple pages of my site based on the user's search key words. However, I only want users to land on 1 specific page of the site, as I mainly wanted to use the dynamic search ads' as a key word discovery tool.

Any advice on if it's possible to set the ads up this way? Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raph L
September 2015

Re: Can I set a specific target landing page for dynamic search ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

It is true that DSA's actually work with the Google's organic search algorithm where it picks up the pages which are indexed in their algorithm and based on that, the landing page is selected automatically.

But there are Targets which you can select and based on your Targets, this advanced methodology tries to match with whatever option you have selected and the users are directed to those specific pages. There are mainly 4 options i.e. Title, URL, Page Content and Category which you can select and set in your Target.

I wrote one article based on DSAs last year in the AdWords Community and you might be interested in reading it for more insights: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Dynamic-Search-Ads-What-Why-and-How-to-impleme...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raph L
September 2015

Re: Can I set a specific target landing page for dynamic search ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

It is true that DSA's actually work with the Google's organic search algorithm where it picks up the pages which are indexed in their algorithm and based on that, the landing page is selected automatically.

But there are Targets which you can select and based on your Targets, this advanced methodology tries to match with whatever option you have selected and the users are directed to those specific pages. There are mainly 4 options i.e. Title, URL, Page Content and Category which you can select and set in your Target.

I wrote one article based on DSAs last year in the AdWords Community and you might be interested in reading it for more insights: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Dynamic-Search-Ads-What-Why-and-How-to-impleme...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj