AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I purchase ads to be placed on comptitors search results?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I purchase paid placement on competitor search result pages?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I purchase ads to be placed on comptitors search results?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Whether or not you're allowed to use a competitor's name as a keyword in your campaign is controlled by trademark laws in your own country. I can say that its perfectly legal in the US. (You do have to avoid using Dynamic Keyword Insertion, DKI, in your ad text since it is not legal to have a competitor's name appear in your ad text.

If you're not located in the US, you might want to review the information on and linked from this trademark policy page to see what you can learn about the laws in your own country.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Can I purchase ads to be placed on comptitors search results?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

This is one (among many others) bidding strategies available on Adworofds;

However; I would strongly encourage you to first learn the basics of Adwords, before starting a campaign.

Dozens of resources available.  You can start with the beginner articles on the user articles section of the community.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’