AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I link my google grant with my current ad word account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our organization has been using Google AdWords since 2008 and have an existing account with years of tracking data on it. This year I learned about Google Grants for Non-Profits and was excited to see this as a possibility for lowering our marketing budget. I applied for and received a Google Grant. 

But I can't receive the AdWords support because our account has existing data on it (I have removed our payment information) --- Google wants me to start over with a new account (which would mean either deleting my old account and loosing data or starting the whole process again with the original application on a new account). Is there a way to prepare my old account for the Google Grant? Is there a specific help line that I could call to get support in this process? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I link my google grant with my current ad word account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi epease,

The short answer is no, you cannot - for the longer answer please see the following help file:

Can I merge or convert my paid AdWords account into my Google Grants account?

Also, Google grants has a separate Help Forum for any future Google Grants related questions.

All the best,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I link my google grant with my current ad word account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi epease,

The short answer is no, you cannot - for the longer answer please see the following help file:

Can I merge or convert my paid AdWords account into my Google Grants account?

Also, Google grants has a separate Help Forum for any future Google Grants related questions.

All the best,