Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I know my ads' ad rank on Google?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created and published several ads for my company offerings on Google. None of the support and educational info tells you how to find out what ranking Google has given an ad. I want this info so I have a sense for Google's opinion of the quality of my new ads.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Julian S
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Here you are:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/156066?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Julian S
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Here you are:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/156066?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this MosheTLV. I did read this page in my 'quest' to find the answer to this question myself. It seems to me that the link you've included here shows me how to find the position my ad is appearing on Google searches compared to other ads, and the average position as well. It then goes on to explain how Google determines a quality ad, but I am not seeing a ranking (score?) for my individual ads. If I'm correct in my assessment here, can you, or anyone, let me know if I have access to this information? 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It sounds like you're looking for Quality Score.  On the keywords tab (page):

Columns > Modify Columns > Attributes > Quality Score

hth!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Julian S;

The link is about the ad quality;

Things you should know about Ads Quality

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve. On the Google Analytics home page, the Tabs are Home, Reporting, Customization & Admin. There is no keywords tab/page.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julian,  I was referring to the Google AdWords campaign management page (not Google Analytics), the one at: Google.com/Adwords

when you're logged into your Google account. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Steve, I marked your entry as the solution, however, I just realized that the 'Quality Score' column is only available when on the Keywords tab (which is where you directed me with your response). This means that this view is showing Google's rating of individual KEYWORDS, not ADS. So, I still am looking for an answer to this question. If you or anybody else happens to know if there is a way to know how Google has ranked my ADS, I'd sure like to know. Thank you again.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Julian S,

The reason why you are getting the answers you are for your inquiry is because that is all the information offered by AdWords regarding quality score + ads. Your keywords use a quality score (provided by a score of 1-10) and your AdWords account is tracked with a quality score (not provided to you), but ads are not provided a quality score.

Ad quality has to do with relevancy and performance with your keywords, landing page, ad groups and ad copy. Following the information given by Moshe is the information you want and need regarding ad quality. Ad quality is tied to the keywords quality score discussed by Steve, plus other factors. Your ad's quality score will be high when adhere to the link in Moshe's reply. If your CTR and keyword quality scores are high, your ad's quality score will be, too. To get the highest quality score, you would want to follow all of the AdWords best practices, while refining to your specific needs.  

If you go to your account and clicks on the ads tab, some will offer a bubble in the status column that you can hover over and/or click on to gain more insight about a specific ad. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Can I know my ads' ad rank on Google?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the thoughtful response here James. I appreciate your, and
the others responses.

--
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.