AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I found out who is advertising my business? Unwanted Ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently updated the Google My Business category of a business I have recently started doing digital for (Imago Venues) from 4 star hotel to corporate office as it is head office for a number of hotels and venues. There is a ad running and we have no idea who is paying for it. Is there anyway of finding out? 

iamgo.PNGThe listing we dont know who is paying for  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

That ad is generated through the Google AdWords account that is linked to the Google My Business account with that location. As long as location extensions are enabled it's possible to show ads on Google Maps, assuming location and keyword targeting are setup correctly. More information on how to review performance of these ads here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7040605

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

That ad is generated through the Google AdWords account that is linked to the Google My Business account with that location. As long as location extensions are enabled it's possible to show ads on Google Maps, assuming location and keyword targeting are setup correctly. More information on how to review performance of these ads here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7040605

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jon530,

Google will not reveal who is running an ad for account privacy & security. You would need to research internally to narrow it down. Talk with others on your team and any hotel operators or managers and ask about any listings services they are using like YP, or any TV advertising... as these companies often bundle some digital to their packages these days. You might want to talk with accounting, as well, and ask them to do a search for any vendors marked advertising.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James. We've done some digging and drawn a blank so far. Fingers crossed we'll get somewhere with it.