AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I export keywords from Adwords Editor and import them without losing QS?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I export keywords from the Adwords Editor, do bids changes in excel and import them without losing QS?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I export keywords from Adwords Editor and import them without losing QS?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Short answer: Yes. Proof is here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=87404&topic=22514&path=1714060-1713974&...

However, you can also use the spreadsheet edit feature offered in the online interface, and paste to excel, do your changes and then paste back. And avoid losing old stats in the process (because I believe that all you'll be able to do in AdWords Editor is delete old keywords and enter new ones; which will have the same quality score, true, but will lose previous stats.)

I just tested it and works great, I took a list of keywords, pasted in Excel, entered a new column, set it to contain half of the original bids and then pasted back.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author adhummer
September 2015

Re: Can I export keywords from Adwords Editor and import them without losing QS?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Calin, 

does the history / stats of the keyword get lost if I export them, edit bids and import them again?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author adhummer
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi. No, I've just tested and the system behaves as fi you edit them in the editor or online.

It compares what you currently have in the editor with what you import from the CSV, changes their bids, and upon uploading them you will see them in the same state as before. I've just tested with a less important keyword, and it was showing one extra impression and the same quality score by the time I realoaded the page.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.