AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I do remarketing for existing display Ads campaigns?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Currently i am running two ad campaigns, 1st is a search campaign and second is display ad campaign, whose campaign type "Search Network with Display Select". So my question is in this condition, can I run re-marketing for display campaign?? If yes then what step by step process for that.

And I also see the option of Remarketing in Shared library - Audiences section, Is that the right way to generate remarketing code, which i have...

Thanks

Gagan  

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gagan S
September 2015

Re: Can I do remarketing for existing display Ads campaigns?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gagan,

From my personal experience best advice I can give you is to use sepearate display and search campaigns. I know most of the new marketers feel that using display select campaign type would be easier. But in long term it can give you big time troubles.

If you need to create a remarketing campaign best thing you can do is to create a appropriate audience according to your requirement.

You can read more in following link

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Then create a display only campaign associate with above create audience list. Please let me know if you need any further help on this
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gagan S
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sure you can do it, You has been running existing "Search Network with Display" campaign. Go to the "Shared library" in AdWords to create remarketing lists. Once your list is created, you can apply the list to your remarketing campaigns.

Step-by-step instructions to create existing campaign's remarketing.

1 - Click the Shared library link in the navigation bar, below your list of campaigns.
2 - Click the View link in the "Audiences" section.
3 - Click the + Remarketing list button.
4 - Enter a descriptive remarketing list name.
5- Choose who you want to add to your list.
6 -Enter the membership duration for your list (the default is 30 days).
7 - If you already have a remarketing tag on your site, If you have older remarketing tags on your site, you can still use them, but we recommend implementing the new tag.
8 - Click Save.

More info visit link - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Hope This will help you, Any further help let me know.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Nisal for reply, but my client wants to remarket the campaign, so i have go for it. And i have gone through the link u mentioned, i will follow the step to generate the remarketing code for display ad.
One more thing Nisal which creating remarketing through shared library - Audiences - + Remarketing list, there is an option to create remarketing through Google Analytics, is that also right way to go ??

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Clal Lodh