3.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I create MCC account with email after cancelling attached adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create an MCC account with my email that I use for everything Google. I have an adwords account associated with it and I canceled it so I could use that email for an MCC account.

Will I be able to use my current gmail account after cancelling the adwords account or do I have to create a new account because my current account will always be associated with the adwords account regardless if it was cancelled?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I create MCC account with email after cancelling attached adwo

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jason,

as far as I know even though you delete your or previous adwords account or email address you can't use same details for a new account.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Jason W,

Welcome !

Nisal is right ! It's not possible to have two AdWords accounts with the same email address, even if one of the accounts is canceled.

You can access the data in your adwords account once you cancel it because the account is still tied to your email address.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jason,

Most probably you need a new account to sign up for MCC account but if you want to go with your current email address. You can do a trick its simple. Create a new email address and give that email address admin access to your adwords account. (Make sure that your new email account does not have access to any adwords account.)

Once admin access is given, then login using your new email and go to Account access section. You will be able to see your old email here with admin access remove your email address by terminating access.

Once your access is terminated then you will be able to use your email to sign up for MCC account.

I try this myself when I created my MCC account for the very first time.

Hope that helps,

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great trick Nouman! It worked and I am able to use my original account to create an MCC account.

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Pleasure to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Nouman

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nouman,

I'm trying to do what you suggested, but still get the "This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused." error after I used account #2 to remove account #1 and also cancelled Adwords on account #1. Does it take a while for account #1 to get cancelled?

Thanks!

Pearl