AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I completely separate my adwords account from my gmail account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I'd like to unlink my personal gmail account from adwords acccount where i have administrative access. It is said that if you plan on opening or accessing a different AdWords account in the future, you should change the email address associated with your AdWords account before you cancel your account. It's not possible to have two AdWords accounts with the same email address, even if one of the accounts is canceled. To change the email address associated with your account, click the My account tab, select Preferences, and edit your email account. 
But the preference tab takes me to my personal account information, that has nothing to do with accounts related to the adwords account. What should I do to completely delete my personal gmail account from the adwords account granting the acces to the original e-mail account that the adwords account was created with? Also keeping in mind that i'd like to link my personal gmail account with a new adwords account.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaanika K
September 2015

Re: Can I completely separate my adwords account from my gmail account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Jaanika,

I would encourage you to read this interesting solution provided by Googler GDi in this post where it is explained how might try and re-use your email address for an Adwords account:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-for-AdWords...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaanika K
September 2015

Re: Can I completely separate my adwords account from my gmail account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Jaanika,

I would encourage you to read this interesting solution provided by Googler GDi in this post where it is explained how might try and re-use your email address for an Adwords account:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-for-AdWords...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj