AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I change Google Sites to another website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search my keywords to find my website, there are several listings on the side, with my website being one of those listings. However, it reads:

[My business]

sites.google.com

1 Google Review

My problem here is the website url. It directs my customers to my old website, but I now have to redirect them to my new website since I have an official website now. Is there someway I can change the url? The other listings read exactly the same but they have urls going to their official websites and not a google site so I know it's possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul N
September 2015

Re: Can I change Google Sites to another website?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Paul,
Yes, you can direct your traffic to your new website by updating your Ads. Keep in mind, if you have Destination URLs at the Keyword level, then you'll need to update those as well. Link below for updating your URLs.

Basically you'll log into your AdWords Account, click on the Ads tab, and then edit your Ads to include your new Destination & Display URLs.

Edit your Display & Destination URLs - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404246?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul N
September 2015

Re: Can I change Google Sites to another website?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Paul,
Yes, you can direct your traffic to your new website by updating your Ads. Keep in mind, if you have Destination URLs at the Keyword level, then you'll need to update those as well. Link below for updating your URLs.

Basically you'll log into your AdWords Account, click on the Ads tab, and then edit your Ads to include your new Destination & Display URLs.

Edit your Display & Destination URLs - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404246?hl=en