AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I allow mcc access without admin rights?

B K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
B K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to get my Adwords campaign reviewed by an outsider, but I don't want to give them access to make changes.  I'm new at this, so apologies for dumb question!

It looks to me that I can only give them full access if I accept their request - is that right?

Adwords comes up with a scary warning at that point, so I haven't gone through with it.  Do I then get to choose their access levels the same as I can if I send them an invitation?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Can I allow mcc access without admin rights?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi B K,

If you only want them looking at one account on a read only access, you can go into that account, then go to My Account > Account Access then invite the user. I'd never give out my MCC access to a third party unless I knew them personally.

Once you see the invite area you enter in the email to allow access and you can set the access to read only if you like.

If they complain that their email is already associated with an adwords account, get them to give you a new one for the review purposes. If they're serious, they'd do this for you.

Let me know if this helps you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi B K,

If you only want them looking at one account on a read only access, you can go into that account, then go to My Account > Account Access then invite the user. I'd never give out my MCC access to a third party unless I knew them personally.

Once you see the invite area you enter in the email to allow access and you can set the access to read only if you like.

If they complain that their email is already associated with an adwords account, get them to give you a new one for the review purposes. If they're serious, they'd do this for you.

Let me know if this helps you.

B K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
B K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Adam, that helps.

I had found the option of sending a restricted invite, and I'm waiting for their response.

Pity you don't have the same, simple flexibility if someone sends you the request!

Cheers,

BK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Purefuzz's advice isn't too helpful because you can't actually see all the data you'd want to see with read only access.

If you don't trust a qualified Google Partner to give them MCC access, don't hire them; don't hire anyone who isn't a Google Partner.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

I would actually disagree with ChristopherRose's advice. There are plenty of good account managers and very small agencies out there who aren't "Google Partners" yet, for one reason or another. While being a Partner does carry the verification of a certain amount of account management experience, not being a Partner doesn't mean a person/company doesn't have that same level of experience or even a lot more.

You hire someone to audit/review/manage an account the same way you hire any other vendor for your business. Check around, find someone whose work is spoken well of, talk to them to make sure you're on the same page about what needs to be done, and then monitor their work while it's in progress.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a one person agency and I'm a Partner; I can't see how any agency that is competent could fail to meet the criteria.

Nor does being a Partner verify an amount of experience, only that qualified people who manage accounts to a standard of quality and have a modest amount of managed spend are part of an agency.

PureFuzz's answer isn't a good one because read only access is inadequate for a meaningful account or campaign review.