AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise 2 websites (One .com domain, One .co.uk domain) with One Adword account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have 2 websites, one is .com domain which is targeting USA and Canada based customers. Another website .co.uk domain (basically the same products) but it is made to target customers in UK. Again both sites have exactly same products, and main purpose for separate domains is to target customers based on different countries. 

I have couple of questions and I want to know if this is allowed by Google:-

1) For adwords:- Can I advertise both sites through the same adwords account. Obviously I would change campaign settings for .com site to target customers based in USA and Canada, and make a seperate Campaign with settings to target UK based customers. Is this allowed, or will this be against any Google policy

2) For Google Shopping Ads:-  Is it possible 2 link 2 merchant accounts to single adword account. I have so far created only 1 merchant account for .com site. I am not sure if I should create 1 more merchant account for .co.uk site, and link that merchant account to same adword account

I tried searching online but I only found old answers (3-4 years old) and I am not sure if Google policies are updated and if this is allowed. I would really appreciate any help on this

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Can I advertise 2 websites (One .com domain, One .co.uk domain) with One Adword account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kan S,

You should use one AdWords account for each business and with different campaigns for different domains. 

And you can link multiple AdWords accounts to a single Merchant Center account, and a single AdWords account can be linked to multiple Merchant Center accounts.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kan S,

You should use one AdWords account for each business and with different campaigns for different domains. 

And you can link multiple AdWords accounts to a single Merchant Center account, and a single AdWords account can be linked to multiple Merchant Center accounts.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Can I advertise 2 websites (One .com domain, One .co.uk domain) with One Adword account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Kan S,

You can run them both from the same account as long as the ads from both the domains do not target the same geography for the same/similar set of keywords.

According to policy, if more than one ad for the same/similar products/services from the same business is made to appear in the same geography, it's a violation.

Having said that, there are benefits and limitations for both the scenarios -

Same Account - You can run ads from the single AdWords account. Even two different Merchant Center accounts can be linked to it. There's no doubt it will offer you ease in management. But you will face obvious problems in conversion optimisation and reporting. 

Different Accounts - It will help keep things tidy. More importantly, management and reporting will be easier and more accurate. 

As @James_Clemens already advised, you can have an AdWords Manager Account (formerly My Client Center or MCC) to manage both your accounts from the single dashboard. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

You can have more than one domain and merchant account to a single adwords account. 

regards,

Zaby