1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I add alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How would I have Adwords alert me if my daily budget is close to running out?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I add alerts

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason G,

OPTION #1: You can set your AdWords account to alert you to many things, including budget issues. Keep in mind there could be a delay, so It is always best to set up your columns within AdWords to show you the data you need and then visit AdWords directly several times weekly, but alerts are great to use. Check out this info and put it to work for you. 

By default, you'll receive critical alert notifications by email, such as billing issues, but you can set your email preferences to receive other types of notifications by email as well, or opt out. At least one user on each account must be opted in to receive critical notifications. Email notifications are sent to the email address on the AdWords account.

Here are the different types of email notifications:

• Billing alerts
  • Campaign maintenance alerts
  • Newsletters
  • Google market research
  • Customized help and performance suggestions
  • Disapproved ads and policy alerts
  • Reports
  • Special offers

OPTION #2: Use automated rules to trigger upon your set rules. Check out : Common ways to use automated rules and put it to work.

You can set this manually in every account with the help of automated rules.

1. Go to your Adwords account and click on Automate button.
  2. Click on Send email when
  3. Set Cost > xxxx

OPTION #3: Find or create a AdWords Script to handle this. Look at this one.

Please let us know how this goes and if we can help further. The above alerts may not be exactly what you want, but Google did away with custom alerts, so we only have what we do.

Kind Regards,

James