AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Do Adwords for my two websites which offers carpet cleaning services in the UK?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

One of my clients wants to start the adwords campaign for his two websites (www.abc.com) & (www.xyz.com), but both websites are offering same service on same targeted locations.

Note: Each website has unique brand name, phone number, contact address and also the site content.

So my question is can I do Adwords for both websites? If yes, then should i create multiple google Adwords account or one account to set up the campaign ?

Thank you..

Susanta

3 Expert replyverified_user

Can I Do Adwords for my two websites which offers carpet cleaning services in the UK?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Susanta S

Yes you can. I would personally put them in separate accounts, but if you put them in the same account, I would at least separate them by campaign.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Technically the accounts will run, but if the sites are significantly similar, it's still considered double serving and against policy.

This help article helps explain the rules, but doesn't clearly spell it out.  But, duplicate content (or very similar content) is a no-no.

Insufficient original content

Content that is designed for the primary purpose of showing ads
  • Examples: Driving traffic (whether through "arbitrage" or otherwise) to destinations with more ads than original content, little or no original content, or excessive advertising
Content that is replicated from another source without adding value in the form of original content or additional functionality
  • Examples: Mirroring, framing, or scraping content from another source

Unfair advantage

Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction
  • Examples: Affiliates that advertise on AdWords against the applicable affiliate program rules, promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shanee_Kirk

Thanks for your response. but you know each website has unique designing structure and content as well. So i don't think there will create any duplicate content issue with the both websites.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Shanee_Kirk is correct, that is double-serving.  It will work, but if Google detects it or figures it out, the consequences could be harsh.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

If your services are identical, and the prices are identical, then really you should question why you should be able to have two ads appearing in the same results when everyone else can have just one.

That is why Google's policy exists, to keep the playing field even.

Google would expect you to have just one account, and A/B test the two sites to find out which converts best. This could be more economical for you as well.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

The entire proposition does seem like an explicit attempt at violating the double serving policy. I have to wonder about the history of the company - Have they been suspended before?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses, but it's getting me very confusing... 

So I called the Google Adwords support team and they said there will be no issue if you run the Adwords campaign for your both websites. And for policy considerations, it is usually a better idea to use separate accounts for different domains.

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Well, there you have it!

Tom

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

I hate to say this, but I would not take that advice from Google Support. You really should have a single account. Contact them again and talk to a different person, and fully explain the similarities of the two sites. Your ability to advertise on AdWords is at risk, at for some businesses that is make or break.