AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Advertise My Ebooks On Sale On 100% Irrelevant Keywords ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several ebooks on natural methods to improve health, and some on food and I have combined all ebooks into one product (10-100 ebooks) and selling it at $49.00 in my website.

I am looking to advertise on Adwords.

1. Is selling ebooks allowed on Adwords ?

2. Can I post my ebook ad on 5000+ keywords, which are 100% irrelevant to the ebooks ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Electroneez S
October 2015

Re: Can I Advertise My Ebooks On Sale On 100% Irrelevant Keywords ?

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Electroneez,

There are few (if any) keywords which no one is advertising on, and clicks in many industries are expensive, which is why less expensive clicks are not easy to come by. Cheap clicks that have a high conversion rate are often even more difficult to find!

Ultimately you have to do what's best for your business. If you have run tests and found that you can get a good conversion rate for relatively little cost, then you can certainly try the strategy you've outlined. Just keep in mind that the way the AdWords algorithm works, it heavily favors showing only those ads for keywords with the highest quality scores. If the system detects that your ads and landing page are not relevant to your keywords, it may not show your ad at all.

Good luck!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
knock knock knock

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Electroneez S,

1. Yes.
2. You can do that, but why would you want to? That will give impressions for searches not at all related to your offer. That will lead to a low CTR, which leads to a low QS which most likely will increase your advertising costs as you would need to bid higher to maintain a high p0osition on the page.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your detailed answer to my questions, which I am have more as below - please answer them :

Actually I am from India and I can set my currency to INR and the 5000+ keywords (total US monthly searches at 290+ million) are as such that in Keyword Planner, there are no or 0.00 "suggested bid" so I am guessing that I can set my manual bidding at Rs. 0.75 INR i.e. at $0.0124 so I am thinking that even the CTR is the lowest and even if I get one sale at 2000 US clicks, I will have 100% profit as the price of my ebooks is $49.00 (a main ebook and along with that 100 other interesting health and food related ebooks being given away for free).

Do you think that the above is possible ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello ? Anybody home ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Electroneez S,

Quick answer: No, I don't think that's possible and I don't think it will produce the results you want. Cheap clicks just don't exist. Further, clicks generated from unrelated searches tend to convert at a very low rate. Even if you do get cheap clicks, consider a 1% conversion rate on the clicks you do get. This approach could very well use up your advertising budget while producing very few sales.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thanks once again for your detailed answer. But can you tell me thousands of *virgin* keywords, which has most probably never been advertised before, that's why they have their Keyword Planner "suggested bid" is a "-" i.e. it's a 0.00, so even if I bid at Rs. 0.75 INR or $0.0124 then the ad will be shown on Google SERP (I have personally tested this and have gotten 24 US impressions in 30 minutes) and as the ad gets impressions, many people out of the 229 million impressions/month will click on the ad even if the CTR is horribly low and the CPC will remain below $0.0124 as that is my maximum bid. Then why do you say *cheap* click is not possible ?

And as you said, if the conversion is 1% i.e. 1 sale out of 100 clicks, then my cost is a little over $1 and 1 sale = $49.00 which will be a very good ROI. But I might be mistaken and 1% conversion is not perhaps is what you meant but I am assuming a conversion of 0.1% i.e. 1 sale at every 1000 clicks. Even then my cost becomes little over $10 and 1 sale = $49.00 = still a very good ROI.

Please tell me where am I wrong on the above ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete, Please answer man, a lot depends on your valuable answer. Thanks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Electroneez S
October 2015

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Electroneez,

There are few (if any) keywords which no one is advertising on, and clicks in many industries are expensive, which is why less expensive clicks are not easy to come by. Cheap clicks that have a high conversion rate are often even more difficult to find!

Ultimately you have to do what's best for your business. If you have run tests and found that you can get a good conversion rate for relatively little cost, then you can certainly try the strategy you've outlined. Just keep in mind that the way the AdWords algorithm works, it heavily favors showing only those ads for keywords with the highest quality scores. If the system detects that your ads and landing page are not relevant to your keywords, it may not show your ad at all.

Good luck!
Cassie

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Electroneez,

I'd agree with Cassie on this. If testing produces good results, try expanding a bit. I'd still be careful rolling out the campaign.

Pete