AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can Adwords help a nonprofit get donations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

My Name is Adoum Cherif, we just got approved for Google AdWords. For those of you who have used it for your nonprogit organizations, I would like to know your experience with it as to how much it has helped with your mission

Adoum

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mamina S
September 2015

Re: Can Adwords help a nonprofit get donations?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Adoum,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being accepted into the Google Ad Grants program. 

Google Ad Grants can and has been VERY beneficial for many nonprofits. Some do struggle to get the most out of the program just as some advertisers struggle to get the most out of AdWords. The key, as Dave-Davis pointed out, is understanding AdWords and also understanding the limits of the Ad Grants program. But do not worry, there are plenty of resources available to you.

To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

If you run into issues please follow back up over in the Google Ad Grants Help Forum

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mamina,
I've worked with charities through the Google Grants program. It worked well for them. In general, what applies to non profits in terms of account and campaign optimization is the same as for normal advertisers.

I recommend that you go through the help center and learning center (linked above) before you start. Learn as much as you can. Start small and read read read. Learn, learn LEARN. It never stops. The journey is just beginning.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mamina S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Adoum,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being accepted into the Google Ad Grants program. 

Google Ad Grants can and has been VERY beneficial for many nonprofits. Some do struggle to get the most out of the program just as some advertisers struggle to get the most out of AdWords. The key, as Dave-Davis pointed out, is understanding AdWords and also understanding the limits of the Ad Grants program. But do not worry, there are plenty of resources available to you.

To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

If you run into issues please follow back up over in the Google Ad Grants Help Forum