AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can Adwords help a nonprofit get donations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our sanctuary for special needs animals must relocate. The moving expenses are way more than we can afford. Can Adwords help us raise money through donations? Here is a photo of our founder with one of our blind dogs.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can Adwords help a nonprofit get donations?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Susan,

You might be interested in the nonprofit version of AdWords. Here is the link: http://www.google.com/grants/index.html

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I checked the nonprofit Adwords first, but we have Adsense on our site and that violates their TOS. We need to generate some serious donations ASAP, so I thought regular Adwords might be the answer, but maybe it's just not a good fit for what we're trying to do. There are some good charity sites that will let us post our fundraising campaigns, so maybe I'll just try one of those, instead.

Thanks to both of you for the prompt replies.

Suz

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Susan,

Note that MosheTLV said that the policy only prohibits solicitation of funds UNLESS they are tax exempt.

So if your organization is a 501(c)(3) you CAN use AdWords to generate traffic to your website and ask for donations. Just be sure to follow the instructions as listed on the link MoshTLV provided. As such, AdWords could certainly be an option for you.

As for Google Grants and its Adsense policy - while Adsense is certainly a great program and even a little revenue is beneficial to a struggling nonprofit, are pennies per click to lead visitors away from your site more valuable than $10,000 per month to lead visitors to you site?

However, if you need donations ASAP, Google Grants is not going to be an immediate option for you since the approval process can take up to 30 days. I do encourage you to reconsider it for future needs though as it is a great program for nonprofits.

All the best,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Susan,

You might be interested in the nonprofit version of AdWords. Here is the link: http://www.google.com/grants/index.html

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

However;  note that the Policy prohibits solicitation of funds unless they are tax exempt;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176037?hl=en#

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I checked the nonprofit Adwords first, but we have Adsense on our site and that violates their TOS. We need to generate some serious donations ASAP, so I thought regular Adwords might be the answer, but maybe it's just not a good fit for what we're trying to do. There are some good charity sites that will let us post our fundraising campaigns, so maybe I'll just try one of those, instead.

Thanks to both of you for the prompt replies.

Suz

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Susan,

Note that MosheTLV said that the policy only prohibits solicitation of funds UNLESS they are tax exempt.

So if your organization is a 501(c)(3) you CAN use AdWords to generate traffic to your website and ask for donations. Just be sure to follow the instructions as listed on the link MoshTLV provided. As such, AdWords could certainly be an option for you.

As for Google Grants and its Adsense policy - while Adsense is certainly a great program and even a little revenue is beneficial to a struggling nonprofit, are pennies per click to lead visitors away from your site more valuable than $10,000 per month to lead visitors to you site?

However, if you need donations ASAP, Google Grants is not going to be an immediate option for you since the approval process can take up to 30 days. I do encourage you to reconsider it for future needs though as it is a great program for nonprofits.

All the best,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Robert;

Thanks for elaborating!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good points, Robert. We are a 501c3 and I have other sites where I can use Adsense, so maybe it would be better to get rid of Adsense on the charity site and try Adwords for our next fundraiser. Thank you.