AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can 2 agency handle a the campaign for the same domain?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a display advertising campaign here but this particular customer is already engaging with another agency on search advertising. Is there possible for us to handle the campaign separately? Will it have any conflict?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can 2 agency handle a the campaign for the same domain?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lyesiong;

No ; targeting the same domain using two different accounts, is a violation of the double serving section of the Policy and could end up in  both accounts suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lyesiong
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If I understand it in a different perspective, you are saying that the same account is being managed by some another agency as well and you ( a different agency) wants to take control of their display advertising campaign.

Conflicts are possible if other agency user interferes in the optimization strategies you are following inside your campaign and same goes for you if you try to change something in the search campaigns. This condition holds true if there are separate campaigns targeting Google Search Network and Google Display Network.

However, best practices say that only one agency should work on the client Adwords account so that there is no point of conflict arising.

My opinion!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lyesiong
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I disagree on that with Pankaj. (Well ...sometimes that's happening Smiley Happy)

I did not want to get into that in my first answer. (I have noticed that "over explaining" may confuse users). But if brought up:

I know that clients like to split the different campaigns among agencies. (One for search, another for display and 3rd one for mobile.)

Though, the agencies may charge by using different credit cards; and they try to avoid the same keywords (hardly possible), and on mobile (that is a different platform) the system might even not recognize that it is the same client - technically, the Policy does not allow and it is too risky;

I would (is rare cases) accept this practice for Mobile vs. Desktops . But, not on display vs, search - this is a violation of the double serving, that the system would catch sooner or later. (Assuming the same domain, and billing by the same client.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Moshe,

I read Pankaj's response slightly different...He's actually suggesting that the two agencies share the account, not open up another one.  Anyways, that is how I read it, especially when he mentions: "Conflicts are possible if other agency user interferes in the optimization strategies you are following inside your campaign and same goes for you if you try to change something in the search campaigns."

Same account sharing...although awkward, is perfectly fine.  I also agree with Moshe that opening a second account could really be a bad idea.  Some businesses actually do qualify for such things so if it's worth it to you, try contacting AdWords Support and see if they can grant you an exception.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey guyz,

Thank you so much for all your advice!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

OK;

After talking with Pankaj and rereading his posts, it seems that I misunderstood his answers. He referred to two users (agencies) working on the same account; while I was referring to two agencies with two different accounts;

As PPCBossman suggested, I am not familiar with two users working on the same account unless done by AdWords editor; That could be the reason I misunderstood Pankaj;

Either way: I would suggest to keep all campaigns under "one roof". If more than one user works on the account: to avoid mistakes and undesired changes, do that either by using AdWords editor or follow Pankaj's suggestions;

-Moshe