AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campain with 2 landing pages and Analytics for 1 of landing page - how to rule out others from data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Adwords acccount with 2 campaigns, each has its own landing page with other domain each. For example:

xyz.com

www.com

And now i have a Google Analytics account that is set up only for www.com and i can not do anything about it (i can not track xyz.com also, only www.com).

When i joined accounts Analytics alerts me that there is a difference between Adwords clicks and Analytics sessions. And it is true since in Adwords i have clicks for both domains and in Analytics only for one of them.

Also when i go to the report of Adwords inside Analytics i see campaigns for both domains, not only the one Analytics is set up for.

How does it influence metrics of Adwords in Analytics and is there any way i can set that Analytics should use Adwords data only for the www.com target landing page campaign?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomasz S
June 2016

Re: Campain with 2 landing pages and Analytics for 1 of landing page - how to rule out others from d

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, you may use following:
1. In Google Analytics Administration›View Filters›Add Filter to View
2. Choose method to apply filter to view>Create new Filter
3. Filter Information
3.1 Filter Name = some name (ex. exclude campaigns)
3.2 Filter Type = Custom
3.3 Exclude (check radio button)
3.4 Filter Field = Campaign Name (or Campaign Code if u plan change Campaign Name)
3.5 Filter Pattern = Name of campaign or Code of campaign (ex. Campaign 1 or 123456789)
4. Filter Verification (if u have data See how this filter would affect the current view's data, based on traffic from the previous 7 days)
5. Save

View solution in original post

Re: Campain with 2 landing pages and Analytics for 1 of landing page - how to rule out others from d

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Tomasz S,
If I understood u correctly you need cross domain tracking,
please check following links for details how its works:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en
https://moz.com/blog/cross-domain-subdomain-tracking-in-google-analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Vladimir B

I don't know if this is what i need.

It's not about cross domain tracking. I have one Adwords account for campaigns for 2 domains. When i joined Adwords with Analytics of one of the domain, in the Analytics in Adwords report i see campaigns for both domains. And i would like to see only campaigns for the domain Analytics is set up for.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomasz S
June 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, you may use following:
1. In Google Analytics Administration›View Filters›Add Filter to View
2. Choose method to apply filter to view>Create new Filter
3. Filter Information
3.1 Filter Name = some name (ex. exclude campaigns)
3.2 Filter Type = Custom
3.3 Exclude (check radio button)
3.4 Filter Field = Campaign Name (or Campaign Code if u plan change Campaign Name)
3.5 Filter Pattern = Name of campaign or Code of campaign (ex. Campaign 1 or 123456789)
4. Filter Verification (if u have data See how this filter would affect the current view's data, based on traffic from the previous 7 days)
5. Save