AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campain with 2 landing pages and Analytics for 1 of landing page - how to rule out others from data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Adwords acccount with 2 campaigns, each has its own landing page with other domain each. For example:

xyz.com

www.com

And now i have a Google Analytics account that is set up only for www.com and i can not do anything about it (i can not track xyz.com also, only www.com).

When i joined accounts Analytics alerts me that there is a difference between Adwords clicks and Analytics sessions. And it is true since in Adwords i have clicks for both domains and in Analytics only for one of them.

Also when i go to the report of Adwords inside Analytics i see campaigns for both domains, not only the one Analytics is set up for.

How does it influence metrics of Adwords in Analytics and is there any way i can set that Analytics should use Adwords data only for the www.com target landing page campaign?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomasz S
June 2016

Re: Campain with 2 landing pages and Analytics for 1 of landing page - how to rule out others from d

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, you may use following:
1. In Google Analytics Administration›View Filters›Add Filter to View
2. Choose method to apply filter to view>Create new Filter
3. Filter Information
3.1 Filter Name = some name (ex. exclude campaigns)
3.2 Filter Type = Custom
3.3 Exclude (check radio button)
3.4 Filter Field = Campaign Name (or Campaign Code if u plan change Campaign Name)
3.5 Filter Pattern = Name of campaign or Code of campaign (ex. Campaign 1 or 123456789)
4. Filter Verification (if u have data See how this filter would affect the current view's data, based on traffic from the previous 7 days)
5. Save

View solution in original post

Re: Campain with 2 landing pages and Analytics for 1 of landing page - how to rule out others from d

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Tomasz S,
If I understood u correctly you need cross domain tracking,
please check following links for details how its works:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en
https://moz.com/blog/cross-domain-subdomain-tracking-in-google-analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Vladimir B

I don't know if this is what i need.

It's not about cross domain tracking. I have one Adwords account for campaigns for 2 domains. When i joined Adwords with Analytics of one of the domain, in the Analytics in Adwords report i see campaigns for both domains. And i would like to see only campaigns for the domain Analytics is set up for.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomasz S
June 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, you may use following:
1. In Google Analytics Administration›View Filters›Add Filter to View
2. Choose method to apply filter to view>Create new Filter
3. Filter Information
3.1 Filter Name = some name (ex. exclude campaigns)
3.2 Filter Type = Custom
3.3 Exclude (check radio button)
3.4 Filter Field = Campaign Name (or Campaign Code if u plan change Campaign Name)
3.5 Filter Pattern = Name of campaign or Code of campaign (ex. Campaign 1 or 123456789)
4. Filter Verification (if u have data See how this filter would affect the current view's data, based on traffic from the previous 7 days)
5. Save