2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns vs. Ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We currently have our campaigns set up as Canada and United States with our ad groups being our different products. Is this the way we should set it up becuase were putting a lot more money into our US audience view than our Canadian view so we do need to differentiate our two audiences. Thanks. We have 3 products we sell

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Campaigns vs. Ad groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,
There are many ways to setup an account and adgroups. It completely depends on your needs.

However, in a situation like yours, not knowing any more details, I would be doing the same thing. You can put them all into one campaign but it's a little more complicated to get individual location stats that way so in my opinion, you're going about it the correct way.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,
There are many ways to setup an account and adgroups. It completely depends on your needs.

However, in a situation like yours, not knowing any more details, I would be doing the same thing. You can put them all into one campaign but it's a little more complicated to get individual location stats that way so in my opinion, you're going about it the correct way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave!
So you don't think that our 3 products should be our 3 different campaigns and than in each campaign separate United State and Canada? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,
The more you can split them out, usually the better. HOWEVER, there is one big caveat here. If there is not enough search volume, splitting out like that can have a negative effect.

I would start with a US and Canada campaign with three ad groups in each. Then, as you get more data, if it makes sense, then split them out into six campaigns, 3 targeting the US and 3 targeting Canada. You can then start getting a lot more specific with your keywords and adgroups then and you can start getting traffic from those in different stages of the buying cycle. Here's a great article on this topic here - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/AdWords-and-the-Purchasing-Cycle/td-p/2064...

Hop that clears things up!
Dave