2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns in the same account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If i have two campaigns in the same account, and I wish these 2 URLS compete with each other, do I have to make a separate account for each campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Campaigns in the same account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Krystal,

You are treading on dangerous ground here. It is against Google policy for a single business entity to have 2 accounts, even if for separate web sites. This would be a violation of the double-serving policy and could get you banned for life.

If you have 2 web sites in a single account, they do not actually compete against each other and only one ad per account and only one ad per display domain will be shown on any single SERP.

My advice--don't do either one, it's way too risky.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Krystal,

You are treading on dangerous ground here. It is against Google policy for a single business entity to have 2 accounts, even if for separate web sites. This would be a violation of the double-serving policy and could get you banned for life.

If you have 2 web sites in a single account, they do not actually compete against each other and only one ad per account and only one ad per display domain will be shown on any single SERP.

My advice--don't do either one, it's way too risky.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot! I didn´t know it involved a legal issue thanks for the update!! I won't do it then!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If tyou think about it - it's safeguarding everyone - otherwise a company could set up 10 differen accounts and bid high enough to get every ad slot on the page for their core keywords - wouldn't really be fair, would it?