AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign structure - more countries, one language

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I need to set up a multinational campaign focusing only on english speaking people. All the ads, the landing page and the keywords will be only in English (I'm not gonna create separate versions for UK,US and Australian English).

I'm thinking how to structure it well. I don't want the whole budget to be spend in the third world countries where there is less competition and lower CPC but neither the other way around on the most expensive markets where the daily budget disappears with few clicks. 

Would you recommend creating some geographical divisions and run separate campaigns so I could set up a different budgets and manual bidding and also schedule the timing?

Or any better idea or special advice?

Really thanks for your time, much appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey Mária,

exactly like you said. You should create campaigns for each country you are going to target.

USA|campaign name

USA|campaign name

CAN|campaing name

CAN|campaing name

something along those lines. You will get control over your budgets, device types, ad scheduling, bid strategy etc. for each country and each and every country.

Tomáš

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your fast answer. 

Mmmmm, I'm afraid I'll have to group the countries, they are just too many. I selected cheaper European countries (according to the average CPC) and more expensive ones and the same with South America, Africa and Asia. 

Probably it's not the optimal solution but targeting all those countries one by one would be a suicide. 

I started with automatic bid strategy optimized for the highest number of clicks because I need to get a better idea about the average CPC in those regions. 

I would also like to try the call campaigns. Any personal experience with that?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

English is not the same every where. I echo @Tomáš Kraus to set a separate campaign per targeted country.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Campaign structure - more countries, one language

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
From my experience, it will be hard to optimize and even harder get some good results with this broad targeting and not that well customized ads. Consider spend more time with preparation and segmentation, than getting recklessly into to it and paying more than you could. Just my 2 cents.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

One way you could begin to segment out campaigns would be by English as a First Language countries, and English as a Second Language countries. There are a few exceptions you may want to consider:

You may want to target India separately as part of the ESL countries. There is such a huge English speaking audience, and especially if you are using USD, more of your secondary budget could be spent there than you may initially want.

I would be very cautious about China (and Russia... maybe), as there are often many weird TM issues - Words like and, is, there, etc., can trigger TM violations. That can create a huge mess and the only way to fix it may be to remove that (those) countries anyway.

Your structure should be based on revenue and sales more than anything. If you find that Australia has the highest value per user, and you don't even have enough budget to cover the most profitable targeting in Australia, then every cent you spend elsewhere means you're just leaving money on the table. You have to start somewhere to get some data, but once you have some information to work with, follow the money. Smiley Happy

"I would also like to try the call campaigns. Any personal experience with that?" The thing you have to remember about call only campaigns is that the ad doesn't allow for any action other than a click to call click to be initiated. If the end user wants to click through to the site and their phone initiates a call, then they may abandon that call completely. Then you're still paying for the click, but you get absolutely nothing of any value out of it. If you do want to experiment with call only campaigns/ads, be certain that your ad content makes users aware of the fact that a click will result in an initiated phone call.

Tom